One of Whistler's favourite pastimes for many years, catskiing is one of the very best ways to get the ultimate big powder experience. Ride the 11-person snowcat in comfort to the top of a remote and untracked mountain run where you'll experience a diverse selection of wild terrain - with no crowds or line-ups! Charge through the fresh deep snow and feel the exhilaration that comes from pure unbridled catskiing.
The average day of catskiing includes 7-9 epic runs and you can't ask for a more reliable ski experience, as snowcats roll in all conditions and won't get shut down due to weather like heliskiers do. Experienced and knowledgeable guides will accompany you throughout the day, providing a safe watch while educating you about the interesting and fun facts of the area. Go catskiing (or catboarding) this season and discover for yourself what could be your BEST DAY EVER.
Call our friendly help desk to book: 1.888.882.8858
Whistler Cat Skiing Rates
|Rate||Departure Time||Return Time|
|All prices are in Canadian Dollars and do not include 5% GST.|
- Full day of backcountry skiing or snowboarding in Powder Mountain's 4,300-acre ski area, with no less than 7,000 vertical feet of skiing.
- Transportation in 4X4 vans from Whistler Village to Powder Mountain Catskiing, then back to Whistler Village at the end of the day (20-minute drive south from Whistler Village).
- Gourmet deli style high mountain lunch, eaten between runs. Snacks are also on board to keep your energy up.
- Two certified guides per group of 12 people. Your "Lead Guide" will always be in front of you choosing the safest and most fun run down the mountain. The "Tail Guide" will always be at the very end of the group. Having two guides ensures that everyone has the same awesome experience and can provide you with the safest skiing and riding possible. If some of your friends are learning to ride or ski powder, the guides are also certified instructors who can give pointers, making everyone's day more fun. Catskiing is an ideal place to learn to ski powder, learn to ski trees, and work on your technique in general.
- At times the backcountry can be a wild and unpredictable place, therefore your adventure also includes the use of avalanche transceivers and a mountain safety orientation session for your backcountry awareness.
- Please Note: There is no extra charge for extra runs. If your group skis more runs, everybody is happy. Your guides are here for the skiing, just as you are. In the springtime you get more runs for the same money. This way, when you get in the cat in the morning you know there will be no surprise costs at the end of the day. This is not heli-skiing where your day is "three runs" or "six runs". At Powder Mountain, the goal is to ski as much as you can, everyday.
Enjoy Vacations Tour Partner What's This?
Powder Mountain Cat Skiing
Few people know powder like the legendary owners and operators of Powder Mountain. You're basically guaranteed to have a big snow day when you ride with Powder Mountain Catskiing. This is skiing at its finest.
*All rates, availability and tours are subject to change without notice and cannot be guaranteed until fully confirmed.
Powder Mountain Cat Skiing
Back to top