Ever wanted to fly? Or maybe just feel like you are? Well, for the closest sensation to flying aside from strapping on a pair of wings, Whistler Zip trek is the way to go. Whistler Zip Trek offers you exclusive access to areas of untouched ancient coastal temperate rainforest from a bird’s-eye vantage point atop the trees. Glide along the steel ziplines suspended high above the wild white-water river that divides Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. The thrill of zipping between platforms and the crisp fresh air rushing against your face will have you wanting to go back up for more. Try it once and you’ll be hooked.Whistler offers several two- to three-hour eco-tours, which include multiple ziplines; suspension and aerial bridges; and treetop viewing platforms. The entire family can experience the thrill while being educated about mountain ecology, high above the valley floor.
- Ziptrek’s tour area lies nestled in the valley between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains and covers over 11 hectares (33 acres) of land including areas of untouched, ancient coastal temperate rainforest.
- Whistler Zip trek involves gliding along a suspended steel cable, using a pulley and climbing harness.
- Tour duration is approximately 2.5 hours, and includes a short shuttle by four-wheel drive van to and from Ziptrek’s base on Blackcomb Mountain.
Fly with 100 km/hr on the longest zipline in North America- THE SASQUATCH
This is the ultimate Whistler zip trek experience. Spanning a mind-blowing distance of +2 Kms, you will experience spectacular views and over 7,000 feet of pure eco-exhiliration! suitable for the ultimate adrenaline junkies. A zipline adventure you simply won’t forget.
1 zipline, spectacular views, 1.5 hours.
THE SASQUATCH™ IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE SEASON – RETURNS NEXT SPRING!
- Over 2km’s long! (7,000 ft) – continuous zipline.
- longest zipline in Canada and the USA!
- Launches from high up on Blackcomb Mountain – to mid mountain on Whistler.
- Dual zipline – offering side by side zipping.
- Over 600 ft above ground at certain points during the zip.
- Speeds reached well over 100 km/h!
NOTE: Check-in at the Ziptrek Kiosk at the base of Blackcomb (Upper Village) until Sep 7.
Check-in at the Carleton Lodge(Lower Village) from Sep 8 to Oct 12.
Whistler Ziptrek Ecotours
Whistler Ziptrek Ecotours is a global leader in sustainable, zipline based, adventure ecotourism, offering opportunities for education and inspiration - in addition to the delightful thrill of an aerial journey. Since its opening in 2002, they have been exceeding expectations with its unique combination of nature-based learning and adrenaline pumping excitement. Navigate a series of suspension bridges, treetop observation platforms, ground based trails, and ziplines as you learn for yourself why they call this eco-exhilaration.The Whistler Ziplining experts. Now with the longest and most adrenaline pumping zipline in North America if not the globe!