Whether you’re a genuine foodie, a self-proclaimed gourmet connoisseur, or just your regular dude or dudette who loves good tastes, Whistler offers a wide range of premium culinary experiences. From fine dining to casual and a wide range of international dining, the charming Coast Mountain town is a veritable wonderland of excellent restaurants serving up dishes that you simply must try for yourself. So come indulge in the finer things in life and immerse yourself in a culinary adventure for the senses.
Drive up to Whistler and stay at the Summit Lodge and Spa, a cute and quirky boutique hotel located close to shopping, nightlife, and of course outstanding dining. On-site at Summit Lodge you’ll discover what many masters claim to be the best breakfast and brunch in Whistler: Elements, a MUST for any gourmand or lover of quality cuisine. Here the vibrant ingredients are all locally sourced, featuring Ocean Wise seafood, Pemberton meats, and Vancouver Island cheeses.
- Chef’s Tip: Try the Egg Benedict at breakfast and order a “half/half” for variety, The stuffed French toast is also deliciously indulgent, and great for sharing. Don’t forget you can always order Elements breakfast in bed!
If you love seafood (or great food in general), Araxi is a must. World-renowned for its excellence and multiple winner of Best Whistler Restaurant, come delight yourself with the most sophisticated of compositions and unforgettable of flavors. Weathervane Scallops, the finest selection of caviar, Two Tier Seafood Tower, and the Okanagan Ranch New York Steak are but some of the dishes that should not be ignored. Their extensive wine collection is comprised of over 1,000 labels, so you’re sure to find the perfect pairing for your perfect dish.
Since Whistler culinary life is rich indeed, and you’ll be hard-pressed to reveal all its delicious secrets in so short a time, we recommend one of three Whistler Tasting Tours. Sample the best dishes in town on this insightful and time-efficient culinary journey. If you’re a real gourmand then you’ve got to try the Finer Things Dinner Tour.
- This 4-course dinner tour explores four award-winning restaurants and a local chocolate shop. Also included is a visit to an impressive 15,000-bottle wine cellar where guests learn the old Napoleonic tradition of champagne sabering. When you want to really treat yourself to Whistler’s best fine dining, this is the way to do it. Listed below are the venues and sample tour menu (which can be altered for dietary restrictions or allergies):
- FireRock Lounge: meeting venue.
- Bearfoot Bistro: amuse-bouche plate from Melissa Craig, Canada’s best chef in 2008, with wine cellar tour and champagne savouring lesson.
- Hy’s Steakhouse: cajun crusted blackened ahi tuna with blind wine tasting seminar.
- Quattro: veal or wild salmon main course sided with restaurant signature pasta, Rogers’ Chocolates, icewine truffle.
- FireRock Lounge or Mix Lounge: chef’s choice of seasonal dessert or artisan cheese plate.
Nothing complements great food quite like great drink (except great conversation). So take advantage of the midweek offer and complete your evening in the coldest vodka tasting room in the world. At -32C (-25F) the Belvedere Ice Room provides the optimal environment for drinking this complex spirit. Taste four vodkas of your choice and discover how the extreme environment enhances the flavor while minimizing the alcohol burn. With more than 50 vodkas from across the globe and samples distilled from everything from rye and wheat to soya and hemp seeds, this unique Barefoot Bistro is a not-to-be-missed experience for any connoisseur.
Whistler is a wonderland of excellent food and a theme park for foodies. Other restaurant standouts include Il Caminetto and Trattoria di Umberto for the very best fine-dining Italian in town and Sachi for the finest sushi this side of Japan. For you gluten-free gourmands, Aura is a solid option, offering a variety of delicious creations made from locally sourced ingredients – grown right on their own terrace! Many styles of food can be found in Whistler, from Chinese to Indian, French to Mexican, and from vegan to fast food. And we’ve found the best of the best here, waiting to share its love with the lovers. For as Bernard Shaw used to say:
“There is no love more sincere than the love of food.” Amen, Bernie.
- 3 nights at the Summit Lodge and Spa
- Finer Things Dinner Tour
- Vodka Tasting at Bearfoot Bistro